June 3, 2014
Meeting called to order at 6:30pm by President John Haeflinger. In attendance were officers
and directors representing the following MCPLA clubs:
Currie – 6 Brown Deer – 4 Dretzka – 2 Grant – 6
Greenfield-2 Oakwood – 1 Whitnall - 2
Ken Lauffer, Treasurer provided the Treasurer's Report:
- Operating Account $4,260.28
- CAP Fund Account $16,596.77
- Checkbook balance $20,857.05
John Warren and David Cohn WSGA, led a lively discussion regarding proper posting of MCPLA golf
rounds. Topic will be pursued in the future with direct input from the Handicap Chairmen and other
responsible individuals from all seven (7) MCPLA clubs
1st Team Report lacking as a 1st Team Team Director has not as yet been determined.
2nd Team Director Brian Pederson provided the 2nd Team report.
Club Rosters will be e-mailed to MCPLA club presidents week of June 9.
Tournament Director Bob Freuk reported that there were 50 Senior and 27 Mid-Am participants in the
May 17-18 MCPLA Senior/Mid-Am Tournament. A brief discussion followed regarding the few MIDAm
players participating in recent years.
President John Haeflinger reported:
- NIMAGA will be played on September 20, 2014.
- MCPLA Worker's tournament will be played on September 7 at Currie Golf Course.
- MCPLA involvement with the First Tee was briefly discussed.
- President John Haeflinger encouraged all MCPLA clubs to seriously consider the elimination of the April and June meetings. A brief discussion followed.
Oakwood Golf Course is hosting the Drive Chip Putt competition this Saturday, June 7 and volunteers
Motion made, seconded and approved to adjourn.
Glenn Frohwirth, Secretary