MCPLA Meeting Minutes 7-May-13
President Haeflinger called the meeting to order at 6:30pm. In attendance were four officers and fifteen directors representing the following clubs:
Brown Deer – 3 Currie – 4 Dretzka - 2
Grant – 3 Greenfield – 0 Oakwood - 3
Whitnall - 4
Current balance as of 30-Apr is $21,127.88 of which $10,981.77 is allocated to the CAP fund
Minutes from the 2-April meeting had been posted on the new MCPLA website: www.mcplawi.com
1st Team Report
Still looking for someone to step up as director;
First match conducted at Brown Deer, results posted on website;
A number of issues came up during Brown Deer match:
- Where do late additions get placed?
- What is supposed to be the playing order for each team? By handicap? Who is responsible to make sure order is correct?
- What are the actual responsibilities of the host club?
Host captains reminded to send the results Excel file to Ken Lauffer after each match
2nd Team Report
First match conducted at Grant, results posted on website
Pace of play pretty good, approx. 4-1/2 hours
Directors are reminded of their responsibility to promote the MCPLA, WPLA, NIMAGA and WSGA amongst their club’s members.
Copies of each clubs membership rosters were due tonight; please provide ASAP to President Haeflinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
MCPLA Tournament Schedule:
• Senior/Mid-Am at Grant May 18th/19th. Senior at 49 entries; Mid-Am at 28. Tee times will be posted on web site.
• ABW Championship at Whitnall Aug 24th/25th
• NIMAGA Sept 21st at Evergreen
• Worker’s Tournament Oct 13th at Dretzka
• Publinx qualifier at Erin Hills, June 23rd/24th (note Sun/Mon)
• Ray Fischer June 29th/30th at Janesville Riverside
• Sr/Mid-Am July 13th/14th at Glen Erin
• Billy Sixty July 27th/28th at Dretzka
• State 36-Hole Sept 7th/8th at Yahara Hills, Madison
MCPLA club members that are non-county residents can purchase resident discount cards, but only in person at the golf office.
MCPLA secretary is stepping down at the end of the 2013 season, so a replacement is needed. If interested or if you know of someone that might be interested, let President Haeflinger know.
• John Quinlan: e-mail will be going out to club presidents for May 29th event at Brown Deer, to fill morning openings due to Pre/Superintendent event in the afternoon.
• Concern raised over current MCPLA event entry forms; too much wording. Need to make simpler and more inviting to prospective entrants.
Meeting adjourned at 7:15pm
Next meeting Tuesday, June 4th, at 6:30pm