Brown Deer – 2 Currie – 5 Dretzka - 1Grant – 3 Greenfield – 2 Oakwood - 3
Whitnall - 3
Treasurer's Report:No report – treasurer is off in Florida.
Secretary's Report:Minutes from the 12-Mar meeting had been posted on the new MCPLA website: www.mcplawi.com
1st Team ReportStill need director;
2nd Team Report2nd Team Director Brian Pederson reported everything is moving along for start of season. First match at Grant on Sat May 4th. Roster sheets have been sent out to team captains, due back by 24-Apr.
Directors are reminded of their responsibility to promote the MCPLA, WPLA, NIMAGA and WSGA amongst their club’s members.
Prez Haeflinger needs a clean copy of each club’s roster on or before the May meeting. Paper copy or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
MCPLA Tournament Schedule:· Senior/Mid-Am at Grant May 18th/19th. Need to promote to increase the entries; is there an issue wiuth the current dates?
· ABW Championship at Whitnall Aug 24th/25th
· NIMAGA Sept 21st at Evergreen
· Worker’s Tournament Oct 13th at Dretzka
- Publinx qualifier at Erin Hills, June 23rd/24th (note Sun/Mon)
- Ray Fischer June 29th/30th at Janesville Riverside
- Sr/Mid-Am July 13th/14th at Glen Erin
- Billy Sixty July 27th/28th at Dretzka
- State 36-Hole Sept 7th/8th at Yahara Hills, Madison
MCPLA secretary is stepping down at the end of the 2013 season, so a replacement is needed. If interested or if you know of someone that might be interested, let President Haeflinger know.
CAP fund: Steve G is requesting consideration for funds to be used to repair/upgrade trophy case at Greenfield. Ask that quotes be obtained for the work necessary and to be submitted back to the board.
New pro at Whitnall; Andrew Gieryn
- Question brought up by BD Prez: do any clubs allow members to compete from the “forward” i.e. red tees in events? What about matches, one plays from red, the other from white? General discussion ensued.
- Do clubs accept credit cards for payment at events? Some general discussion followed.
Next meeting Tuesday, May 7th, at 6:30pm